WHY STUDY LITERATURE AND PHOTOGRAPHY IN IRELAND?
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACTIVITIES AND FIELD TRIPS
- Open to students age 18 and older with a cumulative GPA of 2.00 or more. If you are below a 2.00 GPA and place a deposit for this program, it will be returned to you, and you could be assessed a nonrefundable $50 application fee from AIFS. If you’re not sure about your academic status, please check your SRJC portal or contact the Study Abroad coordinator, Patty Warne ().
This program is offered to enable students to study abroad while making normal progress toward their degree objectives, and earning units in courses taught by Santa Rosa Junior College faculty. This program is offered in partnership with the American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), which arranges transportation, living accommodations, and a wide range of student and instructional support services. Units earned on this trip will appear on transcripts issued by Santa Rosa Junior College.
- You will be in Ireland from June 7-July 10, 2020. This program will also include mandatory class meetings prior to departure on Monday, June 1 and Tuesday, June 2, from 9:00 am-1:00 pm (ART 82) and 1:00 pm-3:00 pm (ENGL 1B). We will also hold a separate pre-departure meeting to be conducted by AIFS.
- Depart the U.S.: Sunday, June 7, 2020
- Arrive Dublin: Monday, June 8, 2020
- Transfer to Galway: Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- Transfer to Belfast: Sunday, June 28, 2020
- Transfer to Dublin: Sunday, July 5, 2020
- Depart Dublin: Friday, July 10, 2020
- Friday, March 6, 2020. Please note that this program is first come, first served and once it reaches its full capacity of 30 students, the program will be closed.
SPRING 2020 INFORMATION SESSIONS (for Summer 2020 departure)
NEW, REVISED MEETINGS SCHEDULE
Professors Tony Ruiz () and Jessica Layton ( ), our instructors to Ireland, will be offering the following informational meetings during the Fall 2019 semester (and will schedule more in early spring). These meetings are open to all interested in the program, and parents are welcome.
- Thursday, Jan. 23 from 12:00-1:00 pm in PC 658 (Call Bldg. Petaluma Campus)
- Friday, Jan. 24 from 12:00-1:00 pm in Doyle 4248 (ground floor of Doyle Library, SR Campus)
- Monday, Jan. 27 from 12:00-1:00 pm in Doyle 4248 (ground floor of Doyle Library, SR Campus)
- Wednesday, Jan. 29 from 12:00-1:00 pm in PC 644 (Call Bldg. Petaluma Campus)
- Tuesday, Feb. 4 from 12:00-1:00 pm in Doyle 4401, 3rd floor Doyle Library (SR Campus)
PROGRAM COSTS/SCHOLARSHIPS/FINANCIAL AID
- AIFS Program Cost is $4,765. CLICK HERE TO SEE WHAT IS AND IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Scholarships Information: There aren’t many scholarships available for summer, but AIFS is generally able to provide one for $500, provided you’re willing to maintain a blog. Click here for scholarship info. (Word doc version)
- Financial Aid: Unfortunately, there is very little financial aid in the summer and there are no summer loans. Students can possibly get the California Promise Grant (formerly known as the BOG fee waiver) based on their current FAFSA.
AIFS REFUND DATES & CANCELLATION FEES
Refund requests must be done in writing to AIFS. They accept emails and that is generally the easiest way (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Friday, March 20, 2020: Last day to request refund of $450 deposit less $150 in processing and nonrefundable deposit fees.
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020: Total program fee is due. NO REFUND OF PAYMENTS after this date.
- You are responsible for checking the AIFS Agreement & Release form about any refund dates and potential cancellation fees! Students who withdraw after March 20, 2020, could be liable and billed by AIFS for cancelled bookings (such as airfare, etc.).