WHY STUDY IN FLORENCE?
HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE
- Open to students age 18 and older who have completed 12 units of college course work with a minimum 2.25 grade point average.
- Optional flight transportation package; accommodations in fully furnished apartments with kitchen in the Historical Center of Florence.
- Take lower division courses that are transferable for Bachelor’s degree credit.
- Program includes an orientation program, half-day guided walking tour of Florence, guided day trip to Siena and San Gimignano, and subsidized cultural activities which may include walking tours, cooking classes, wine tasting lectures, ballet, soccer matches, concerts and film nights, and day trips to Pisa and other nearby locations.
- Free wireless Internet access at the Study Center during class hours and in the apartments.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAM?
DATES AND MEETINGS
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020 – AIFS flight departs SFO for Italy.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020 – Arrive in Italy and transfer to hotel for first night.
- Monday-Tuesday, Feb. 3-4, 2020 – Orientation and workshops.
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 – Classes begin.
- Saturday-Sunday, March 14-22, 2020 – Mid-semester break.
- Friday, May 1, 2020 – Program ends. AIFS flight departs Italy for the U.S.
- September 27, 2019 – Priority application deadline
- November 8, 2019 – General application deadline
- Saturday, January 11, 2020– Mandatory pre-departure meeting at Skyline College in San Bruno
FALL 2019 INFORMATION SESSIONS (FOR SPRING 2020 DEPARTURE)
Professor Jeanette Ben Farhat (email@example.com), our instructor to Florence, will be offering the following informational meetings during the Fall 2019 semester. These meetings are open to all interested in the program, and parents are welcome:
- Wednesday, Aug. 28 from 12:00-1:00pm in Doyle 4243 (ground floor of library)
- Thursday, Sept. 5 from 3:00-4:00pm in Doyle 4243 (ground floor of library)
- Wednesday, Sept. 11 from 12:00-1:00pm in PC 696 (Call Bldg., Petaluma Campus)
- Tuesday, Sept. 17 from 12:00-1:00pm in Doyle 4243 (ground floor of library)
- Friday, Sept. 20 from 1:00-2:00pm in Doyle 4243 (ground floor of library)
- Monday, Sept. 23 from 12:00-1:00pm in PC 696 (Call Bldg., Petaluma Campus)
PROGRAM COSTS/FINANCIAL AID/SCHOLARSHIPS
- Program Fees and What Is Included (PDF)
- Financial Aid Process Information (PDF)
- Scholarships Information and Application (PDF)
- Scholarships Information and Application.docx
AIFS REFUND DATES
Refund requests must be done in writing to AIFS. They accept emails and that is generally the easiest way (firstname.lastname@example.org). See official AIFS refund policy on your Agreement & Release form on AIFS application. Dates to remember regarding AIFS refunds once you are enrolled in the program:
- Friday, November 8, 2019: Last day to request refund of $450 deposit less $150 processing & non-refundable deposit fees. After Nov. 8, AIFS will not refund any of the $450 deposit.
- Friday, December 6, 2019: Total program fee is due. NO REFUND OF PAYMENTS after this date.
- You should also check your AIFS Agreement & Release form about any refund dates and potential cancellation fees. If you must withdraw from the program, it’s a good idea to let AIFS and the Study Abroad office know immediately.