WHY STUDY IN FLORENCE?
HIGHLIGHTS OF FLORENCE
- Open to students age 18 and older who have completed 12 units of college course work with a minimum 2.25 grade point average.
- Optional flight transportation package; accommodations in fully furnished apartments with kitchen in the Historical Center of Florence.
- Take lower division courses that are transferable for Bachelor’s degree credit.
- Program includes an orientation program, half-day guided walking tour of Florence, guided day trip to Siena and San Gimignano, and subsidized cultural activities which may include walking tours, cooking classes, wine tasting lectures, ballet, soccer matches, concerts and film nights, and day trips to Pisa and other nearby locations.
- Free wireless Internet access at the Study Center during class hours and in the apartments.
WHY CHOOSE THIS PROGRAM?
DATES AND MEETINGS
- Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020 – AIFS flight departs SFO for Italy.
- Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020 – Arrive in Italy and transfer to hotel for first night.
- Monday-Tuesday, Feb. 3-4, 2020 – Orientation and workshops.
- Wednesday, Feb. 5 – Classes begin.
- Saturday-Sunday, March 14-22, 2020 – Mid-semester break.
- Friday, May 1, 2020 – Program ends. AIFS flight departs Italy for the U.S.
- September 27, 2019 – Priority application deadline
- November 8, 2019 – General application deadline
- Saturday, January 11, 2020– Mandatory pre-departure meeting at Skyline College in San Bruno
SPRING/FALL 2019 INFORMATION SESSIONS (FOR SPRING 2020 DEPARTURE)
Beginning late Spring 2019 and into the Fall 2019 semester, informational sessions will be facilitated by Jeanette Ben Farhat (firstname.lastname@example.org), our instructor to Florence.
THERE WILL BE 2 INFO MEETINGS DURING SPRING 2019 on the Santa Rosa campus, and more will be offered during the Fall 2019 semester on both the Petaluma and Santa Rosa campuses.
INFO MEETINGS THIS SPRING 2019:
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 – 12:00-1:00pm in Rm. 4248 (ground floor of Doyle library)
- Monday, May 13, 2019 – 12:00-1:00pm in Rm. 4248 (ground floor of Doyle library)
Please also check back here later for a schedule of meetings to take place during Fall 2019.
- Program Fees and What Is Included (PDF)
- Financial Aid Process Information (PDF)
- Scholarships Information and Application (PDF)
- Scholarships Information and Application.docx
AIFS REFUND DATES
Refund requests must be done in writing to AIFS. They accept emails and that is generally the easiest way (email@example.com). See official AIFS refund policy on your Agreement & Release form on AIFS application. Dates to remember regarding AIFS refunds once you are enrolled in the program:
- Friday, November 8, 2019: Last day to request refund of $450 deposit less $150 processing & non-refundable deposit fees. After Nov. 8, AIFS will not refund any of the $450 deposit.
- Friday, December 6, 2019: Total program fee is due. NO REFUND OF PAYMENTS after this date. Students may also be subject to various canceled reservation fees by AIFS after this date. Details on AIFS Agreement & Release form on your AIFS application.